Saturday, September 17, 2011

21 Questions with a Bodybuilder,...

21 Questions with Body Builder Candice Carr
Story Created: Sep 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM ECT
1. What quality do you like most in women?
Women who are confident and have a sense of purpose, set goals and have a vision
2. Your happiest moment?
My happiest moment was when I earned my professional bodybuilding title.
3. Your secret fear?
I do not have any secret fears as I believe that what I think about I bring about hence I do not entertain fears.
4. Which living person do you admire most?
My mother. She is compassionate and dedicated and she instilled those qualities in me. She taught me to believe in myself and always told me that I could accomplish anything I set out to do.
5. What quality do you value most in your friends both male and female?
The quality I value most in my friends is loyalty and truthfulness.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Sneakers and training wear.
7. The place you would like to visit before you die?
I would like to visit Dubai.
8. What is your favourite journey?
My preparation for the World Amateur Bodybuilding Championships in Italy was my favourite journey. I had to be committed, disciplined and focused but it was worth it as I made it to the semi-finals.
9. What is the best advice you have to offer to people interested in joining your field?
Believe in yourself, stay focused, follow your dreams and do not listen to the naysayers!
10. What is your current state of mind?
Happy and reflective.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who gossip and who harbour negative, critical and sabotaging thoughts.
12. What is your greatest joy?
Each day is a joy — as every day, in spite of the ups and downs, is a new beginning and an opportunity for improvement.
13. What is your biggest turn on in a man?
A man who is self assured but not egotistical and who treats others with respect and courtesy.
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate chip cookies.
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
Almost quitting bodybuilding after misrepresentations were publicly made about me but I am stronger for it now and should thank the parties responsible.
16. What is your pet peeve?
Loud talking on the cellphone and eating with your mouth open.
17. What do you get complimented most about?
My smile.
18. When was the last time you cried?
Last week watching a movie (not saying which one).
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
The first thing I did this morning was to turn off my alarm and pray and thank God for another day of life and the many blessings I have received.
20. What do your consider your most cherished virtue?
My perseverance.
21. If you had one personal wish (which you alone can benefit from hence world peace etc not applicable)?
At this stage a sponsor to assist with offsetting the cost of contest preparation.
Personal highlights Candice Carr-Archer is a top notch bodybuilder. She works out five to six times a week, and has been an iron maiden for more than 20 years. Carr did Shokotan (martial arts) before entering the gym arena. All pumped and ready to take her next title, the local fitness queen is determined to etch her name in world bodybuilding history. With several titles under her belt (which embraces a well defined six-pack), the dedicated bodybuilder has dared to do what many deem impossible and unprecedented for a woman. Stereotypically a man's world, bodybuilding is not considered a lady's domain but Carr-Archer's achievements say otherwise. Carr-Archer is the second local woman after Neila Murray to turn pro, sealing this feat after she captured the overall Women's Bodybuilding title at the 37th Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Bodybuilding Championships in St George's, Grenada in 2009. A three-time National Senior Women and Eastern Caribbean champion, Carr-Archer is a member of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force.

1 comment: